About Our School
Destinations Career Academy of Wisconsin is an innovative, individualized school—the first of its kind in Wisconsin—for college- and technical career-minded students.
Powered by K12, our statewide online charter school is tuition-free, full-time, and serves Wisconsin students in grades 9–12. Destinations students gain exposure to relevant technical and specialty trade skills from courses built around four career fields:
- Architecture and Construction
- Business Management and Administration
- Health Science
- Information Technology (IT)
The Benefits of a Career Academy
Attending and graduating from Destinations sets up your student for success. With access to college and career training, students are equipped with job-ready skills to put to immediate use after high school. Our students prepare to take industry certification tests upon graduation,* giving them a strong start in either college or career. These certifications open the door for students in high-demand, high-paying, and sometimes high-tech jobs!
In addition, Destination's proven 9–12 academic foundation features:
- An Individualized Learning Plan for each student
- K12’s award-winning, online academic curriculum
- Hands-on materials, books, and a school computer on loan
- Highly qualified, Wisconsin-licensed teachers
- World languages
- Student clubs and social events
- Access to extracurricular activities in participating school districts
- Involvement in SkillsUSA
- Opportunities for students to earn college credit prior to graduation
- High school diploma for graduates that meets all state requirements
*Only students who attend Destinations for at least two years will have enough exposure to career technical education (CTE) courses to be best prepared for certification testing.
Destinations teachers are state licensed and trained in their specific subject area. While parents or guardians are involved in their child’s learning by offering oversight and guidance, students work at more of a collective pace with a class of students in conjunction with the teacher. Regular interaction with teachers is conducted through e-mail, telephone, and online meetings.
Superior Teaching Tools
Some Destinations students receive boxes of materials, including a wide array of textbooks, videos, and other hands-on tools and resources, for certain courses. These materials complement the interactive online elements of our program, ensuring that students receive instruction using the best method for each subject matter.