Students at Destinations Career Academy of Wisconsin gain exposure to relevant technical and specialty trade skills from career technical education (CTE) courses built around six career fields, allowing them to explore occupations of interest. These engaging, content-rich courses expand the traditional education experience and maximize a student's ability to succeed in the community and workforce. Successful completion of these courses may help students prepare for industry certification tests after graduation.*
CTE courses are based on the knowledge and skills required for each career pathway in the following career fields:
- Architecture and Construction: The Destinations Career Academy of Wisconsin offers an exclusive Operating Engineer Pre-apprenticeship Program in partnership with the International Union of Operating Engineers Local 139 and Fox Valley Technical College. Learn more about the Operating Engineer Pre-apprenticeship Program.
- Business Management and Administration: Careers in planning, organizing, directing, and evaluating business functions essential to efficient and productive business operations. Learn more about Business Management and Administration.
- Finance: Careers in recording, classifying, summarizing, analyzing, and communicating financial information/transactions, managing and implementing capital structure, budgeting, acquisition and investment, financial modeling and planning, funding, dividends, and taxation decision-making. Learn more about Finance.
- Health Science: Careers in planning, managing, and providing therapeutic services, diagnostic services, health informatics, support services, and biotechnology research and development. Learn more about Health Science.
- Information Technology (IT): Building linkages in IT occupations for entry level, technical, and professional careers related to the design, development, support, and management of hardware, software, multimedia, and systems integration services. Learn more about Information Technology.
- Marketing: Careers in planning, directing, and providing marketing communications, strategy, advertising, promotion, and public relations activities. Learn more about Marketing.
*Only students who attend Destinations for at least two years will have enough exposure to CTE courses to be best prepared for certification testing.