Business Management and Administration
Which pathways are offered?
We offer the following pathways:
- Administrative Support [PDF] —This pathway prepares students to work in an office setting to create spreadsheets; manage databases; prepare presentations, reports, and documents; and engage with customers and coworkers.
- General Management [PDF] —This pathway prepares students to lead and manage others, improve processes and policies, and manage a range of personnel issues and concerns while focusing on the bottom line.
What types of jobs can my student learn about and prepare for?*
Some of the jobs include:
- Administrative Assistant
- Legal Secretary
- Administrative Services Manager
- Customer Service Representative
- Human Resources Manager
- Business Consultant
- Office Manager
What is the salary outlook?*
Salaries vary depending on the job, experience, and location but approximate sample salaries include:
- Administrative Assistant—$37,870/year
- Administrative Service Manager—$94,020/year
- Public Relations Managers—$111,280/year
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook. Website last modified date: Friday, April 13, 2018. Some of these jobs may require additional education and certifications once a student graduates from high school.
Which certifications and exams can my student prepare for?
- The National Occupational Competency Testing Institute (NOCTI) Business Information Processing Exam
- The NOCTI General Management Exam
- A*S*K Business Institute Fundamental Business Concepts Exam
- A*S*K Business Institute Entrepreneurship/Management Exam
- Microsoft Office certifications