Health and Human Services
We offer the following pathways:
- Nursing Assisting (CNA): This pathway prepares students to work in medical settings such as hospitals, nursing homes, and clinics.
- Pharmacy Technician: This pathway prepares students to work in medical settings such as hospitals, clinics, pharmacies, and labs.
What types of jobs can my student learn about and prepare for?*
Some of the jobs include:
- Advanced Practical Nurse
- Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA)
- Registered Nurse
- Pharmacy Technician
What is the salary outlook?*
Salaries vary depending on the job title, but approximate sample salaries include:
- Nursing Assistant—$27,510/year
- Registered Nurse—$70,000/year
- Pharmacy Technician—$31,750/year
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook. Website last modified date: Friday, April 13, 2018. Some of these jobs require additional education and certifications once a student graduates from high school.
Which industry-recognized certifications and exams can my student prepare for?
- The National Occupational Competency Testing Institute (NOCTI) Health Assisting Exam
- Certified Nursing Assistant certification
- Pharmacy Technician certification